Are DERs (Distributed Energy Resources) net positive for consumers and should grid administrators and regulators be dedicating resources to integrate them?
The Energy Web, a comprehensive online energy services platform described as “The Grid’s New Digital DNA” went live on June 19. To listen to its advocates, 2019 will be remembered as the year when the energy market changed forever, when transactions finally became virtually free and frictionless for everyone.
Toronto: Ontario's power system is prepared to meet the province's expected demand for electricity over the coming summer months, according to the Independent Electricity System Operator's latest Reliability Outlook, released June 20.
The provincial government recently announced an agreement with Ontario Power Generation that streamlines much of the routine work that OPG will need to do to maintain and improve its hydro dams under the Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act (LRIA).
Following consultation with Ministry of Energy staff, the Ontario Energy Board has identified a number of regulatory processes that may be shelved or delayed.
Honeywell announced May 15 that it would be providing a Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) to Saturn Power, an Ontario-based renewable and clean energy provider
NRStor Inc. announced May 30 that it had completed the acquisition of a 5MW connected energy storage facility, located in Clear Creek, Ontario
More Articles ...
- North Bay Hydro gets utility-scale microgrid
- OPG building new headquarters
- OPG acquires Cube Hydro
- Bruce Power forms partnership to produce a new line of medical isotopes
- Saugeen Ojibway Nation and Bruce Power partner on isotope marketing
- Bruce area getting natural gas for the first time
- Hydro One building new line to support greenhouses in SW Ontario Energy Board
- Canadian Solar provides 500 MW of modules for Spain