As the electric power industry moves forward with new technology, the workforce that is needed to design, build, and manage the next generation of systems will undergo an equal if not greater transformation.
On July 16, 2018, the Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines Greg Rickford introduced Bill 2, Urgent Priorities Act, 2018, into the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. The bill marks the first major piece of legislation tabled by the new Progressive Conservative government, and directly addresses several matters relating to energy within the province.
During the run-up to the recent Ontario election, Doug Ford's Ontario PC Party released its policy platform "For the People: A Plan for Ontario."
The rebuilding of Darlington’s Unit 2 reactor is officially underway, Ontario Power Generation reported on July 9, as staff begin installing new calandria tubes (CTs).
More Articles ...
- Aggregators harnessing powerful drivers for innovation and savings
- APPrO launches industry-wide effort to find cost savings in the electricity sector
- 50 MW of new storage capacity in operation or under contract
- NRStor, IHI contract for 42 MW of storage
- Bruce Power awards feeder replacement to SNC-Lavalin, Aecon & AECOM
- Canadian Solar offers new modules
- TransAlta to supply Sarnia blockchain service company with power
- Darlington to produce more medical isotopes