The energy sector may now be entering the most fundamental period of change in its history, at least the most fundamental since the construction of the electric power grid.
Ontario’s Independent Electric System Operator announced the posting January 11 of a draft Scoping Assessment Outcome Report for the Toronto Region on its website for review and comment.
Highlighting the need to assess and manage new risks, the Ontario Energy Board has published a plan to redevelop itself as the primary regulator of the energy sector in Ontario.
On December 14 the Ontario Ministry of Energy announced the creation of an expert panel to modernize the Ontario Energy Board.
As part of the consultation process on the redesign of Ontario’s electricity market, Ontario power suppliers are being advised to identify the full range of potential participation barriers they see to market participation in the near future.
The IESO has announced that it will be taking steps designed to amend thousands of existing supply contracts in Ontario, to ensure they are consistent with the changes resulting from the Market Renewal process.
Pattern Energy Group LP announced completion December 26 of $1 billion in financing for the 300 megawatt Henvey Inlet Wind project located on Henvey Inlet First Nation Reserve No. 2 on the northeast shore of the Georgian Bay in Ontario.
More Articles ...
- New consortium seeks to develop DER Roadmap for Ontario
- 200M from Ontario carbon market to upgrade energy efficiency in schools
- Rob McLeese recognized with the Hedley Palmer Award
- Clairman wins Woman of Distinction Award
- How the Green Button Initiative could open up a world of innovation
- Construction underway on stage 1 of Wataynikaneyap line
- The Dawn Hub: 75 years of energy storage in Ontario
- OEB issues its largest rate case decision ever