Because views on climate action can be divergent, a new approach is needed to encourage more coordinated and consistent action.
The federal government announced a $22-million investment August 16 for the Ottawa Community Foundation to establish an urban climate centre in Ottawa.
Federal Natural Resources Minister Amarjeet Sohi announced the Canadian Centre for Energy Information August 26.
The federal government announced up to $6 million in funding August 14 for Indigenous communities in British Columbia and Alberta to increase their participation in energy infrastructure projects.
ATCO and Canadian Utilities Limited announced September 23 that seven Indigenous communities have entered into definitive agreements to purchase a combined 40 per cent equity ownership in Alberta PowerLine.
Greengate Power Corporation announced having received approval from the Alberta Utilities Commission August 27 to construct and operate its Travers Solar project.
Suffield Solar, a subsidiary of Canadian Solar and Direct Energy Business, part of Direct Energy, announced July 25 that it had signed a long-term agreement to purchase all electrical output and associated capacity from the new Suffield generating facility.
More Articles ...
- No. 1 geothermal first in northwestern Alberta
- TransAlta to convert 3 coal units to gas under Clean Energy Plan
- Rural Alberta getting Canada’s first rural smart grid
- 200 MW Golden South project breaks ground in Saskatchewan
- Boralex partnering in 21-turbine windfarm in Scotland
- Hydro-Québec smart grids to reduce diesel in 13 Indigenous communities
- NB studying move to smart grids
- BC First Nations receive additional $4.5M for energy projects