In a regional first, the New England Independent System Operator reported May 3 that the region’s customers had used less grid electricity at midday April 21 than while they were sleeping that night.
The Irvine Company and Southern California Edison (SCE) conducted a ‘virtual ribbon cutting’ April 24 on the world’s first fleet of its trademarked Hybrid Electric Buildings, designed to manage their electric load.
The electricity sector now attracts more investment than oil and gas combined, the International Energy Agency says in a report released April 16.
The IEEE and the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA), announced the publication and availability April 26 of IEEE 1547-2018 Standard for Interconnection and Interoperability of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) with Associated Electric Power Systems Interfaces.
A report by McKinsey and Co presented at the earlier Australian Energy Week conference claims that the Horsndale Power Reserve (HPR) Battery Energy Storage System in South Australia has now reduced grid service costs by 90%.
More Articles ...
- Carbon risk analytic service offered
- Saudi Arabia announces plans for 200 MW solar park
- Renewables exceeded nuclear power in UK during 2017
- Fourth NERC security exercise report released
- Canadian Solar building 364 MW PV in Brazil
- Puerto Rico seeks to define and deploy microgrids
- Top US companies make record solar investments
- California proposal would include battery storage in net metering