The leading edge energy development framework championed by the government of Germany is now examining options that will allow it to move effectively into its second phase.
The U.S. Department of Energy has issued a final environmental impact statement for the proposed Northern Pass transmission line, calling it the “preferred alternative” for connecting the northeastern U.S. to Canadian hydroelectric power.
P825 is a standard for ‘transactive technologies’ that the IEEE is developing to allow utilities to deal with the growing numbers of point of supply.
Invenergy, along with GE Renewable Energy, announced a 2,000-megawatt wind farm July 26 that will be the largest in the U.S. and second-largest in the world, once operational.
Deepwater Wind unveiled plans July 31 for its newest project off the American coast: Revolution Wind, a utility-scale offshore wind farm paired with an energy storage system.
More Articles ...
- New York adding storage to commercial/industrial locations for grid support
- AES claims first grid-scale battery-based energy storage
- China to launch largest national carbon trading system
- China, India lead world with 24.4 and 4.8 GW solar installations in first half 2017
- 3.24 GW tide power in Wales OK’d to connect
- Planned Tunisian solar farm proposed to supply Europe
- GE announces new 4.8 MW wind turbine
- Company claims cheapest flow battery