Western Farmers Electric Cooperative (WFEC) announced July 23 that it had entered into a power purchase agreement with a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, for the largest combined wind, solar and energy storage project in the U.S.
Rocky Mountain Power, sonnen and the Wasatch Group announced what they call a first-of-a-kind network of solar powered battery storage systems, better known as a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), August 27.
The economics guiding US investments in electricity generation have reached a historic tipping point: combinations of solar, wind, storage, efficiency and demand response are now less expensive than most proposed gas power plant projects.
The US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission announced a proposal September 19 to modernize its regulations governing small power producers and co-generators under the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 (PURPA).
The first half of 2019 saw a 39% slowdown in renewable energy investment in the world’s biggest market, China, to $28.8 billion, the lowest figure for any half-year period since 2013, according to figures issued July 10 from BloombergNEF.
GE announced the launch October 2 of the latest in its HA gas turbine line, the 7HA.03, which will power Florida Power & Light Company’s (FPL) Dania Beach Clean Energy Center near Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
More Articles ...
- From the Bottom Up: Designing a Decentralized Power System
- Transformative pathways proposed for refocusing technology
- Urban climate centre funded
- Energy Info portal opened
- Federal funding announced for First Nation participation in infrastructure
- Indigenous communities to share 40% equity in Alberta Powerline
- Greengate plans to build Canada’s largest solar farm
- Suffield Solar to be Alberta’s largest PV farm